Finally, the pot has been stirred. For some reason it took Marty’s hair getting voted out for people to wake up. He seemed to be everyone but Dan’s primary target so it doesn’t really make sense for his elimination to stir things up, but there hasn’t been much sense made this season.
Something clicked in Holly’s head, she decided it was time to play, and to the jury went Brenda. Yes, Brenda who helped two people find hidden immunity idols, practically made them take the idols instead of taking them herself, and then didn’t see it as necessary to lower herself to scrambling. All she needed to do was swing one person to her side to replace Naonka, but she couldn’t be bothered. If Chase is one of your strongest allies, you need to rethink things anyway. What the hell is that guy’s deal? Did he really just want to get into Brenda’s yellow bikini bottom? If he had ever managed to get an immunity idol he would have surely given it away and gotten himself voted off. Will the Carolinas ever forgive him for his dumbassedness? Will he win?
Seriously, who’s going to win this thing now? I have no idea. Now it seems like Sash and Chase are the next two to go, but at this stage everything changes so much week to week. There are still two immunity idols, assuming they didn’t go up in flames when the tribe fed all of their wooden chests to the fire, so Sash and Naonka should be safe for a few more weeks. Jane keeps winning challenges and Marty’s words about her being a lock to win if she makes it are still looming. It seems like there are a few people that have no right to win (Dan, Absent of Mind Kelly, and Chase), but why vote them off before Jane or anyone else who may actually win a challenge?
- Remember that time when I was sledding down the side of a volcano in Guatemala with Naonka? That was awesome.
- Is Jeff Probst more involved vocally in these challenges than he has been in the past? Has he ever told another contestant, “Don’t you dare quit on this challenge”? How about all that gruff he gave the yellow team in the barrel challenge? “If this were life or death….you’d be dead.” Good stuff, maybe the producers told him that someone needs to spruce up this season, and then it all came together in one episode.
- The barrel challenge seemed like it was edited down to 2 minutes when it probably took an hour. I still say cut it down even more and let me see the school yard picking of teams.
- Pizza, brownies, green pop, and…banana bread? Banana bread is out of place there.
How about some molten lava cake? Or some Chocolate Eruption? I’m on the side of a freakin’ volcano! Banana bread?
- Dan was the fifth one out of the immunity challenge. That will be his best performance all season. Even if he manages to be one of the last four people there, he still won’t do better than being fifth out of a physical challenge.
- Kelly Blank Head’s 20 years of wisdom allowed her to be the only one to vote for Benry. Even Chase and Sash voted for Brenda.
- It’s about time for the auction, is it not?
- Marty should wear a hat.
Survivor Freeze Frame of the Week: Because I’m late, you get a bonus freeze frame. The first is the understatement of the year. The second is another “That’s what she Said” moment.